I bought this Flash 2 last August 13, 2016 via Lazada. I received the package on August 17, 2016. It's nice and smooth. I upgraded it to Marshmallow 6.0. I have no problem with the device since then.
I rarely use the rear cam during night time.Sometimes I use the rear flash as torch, for about 1-2 minute(s). I had never abused the rear flash to be direct.
Then, last November 28, 2016, before I go to bed I put this phone on my table top. Then I woke up in the morning and switch ON the Flashlight.
The orange flash works, but the white one STOPS WORKING. I tried to reboot the phone, power it off and turning it back ON, but it never fixed the problem. I contacted the live chat support for help, they suggested to restore it to factory default. And I did, but the problems is still there. I try to download a flashlight app, hoping this could trigger the rear flash back to life, but it never did.
The support agent suggested to send this phone to a service center, but I can't contact the nearest service center because we have no landline here.
I just have a few questions before I send this:
- In this case, is it covered with the warranty?
- What was really the cause? Why did the rear flash suddenly died?
- When I received the phone, it's on Android Lollipop and I upgraded it to Marshmallow, does this voids the warranty?
- I lost the package wrap, where there could be a receipt there. But since I ordered it on Lazada, I could track my previous orders and print an Order Detail document in .pdf. Is that enough for a proof of purchase?
- Is there other users experienced this kind of problem?