Disclaimer: Proceed ONLY if you understand the risks of Rooting your device and flashing a custom Recovery. I hold no responsibility if you damage your phone by following this guide. Flash at your own risk.
- You have successfully installed the Mediatek VCOM Drivers to your computer. I have not done so, here’s a quick guide.
- USB Data Cable
- Working Brain to follow these instructions
Are you ready to proceed? Cool. Download the following files:
After downloading these files, extract them to somewhere safe. It could be on your Desktop or somewhere easy to find. Leave BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip as it is – you do not need to extract this.
Now let’s get your hands dirty.
Flashing Custom Recovery
- Copy BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip to your phone. Once done, Power off your Flash 2
- Inside the extracted SP Flash Tool folder, look for “flash_tool.exe” and Run it as Administrator
- Click the Scatter-loading button and browse for the scatter file (included in the flash2_twrp.zip)
- Check that the flashing mode is set to “Download Only” and make sure the check mark is on Recovery
- Click the “Download” button
- Using your USB Data cable, connect your phone to the computer (remember, the phone must be and should remain turned off)
- If the phone goes to Charging, try to reinstall the Mediatek Drivers and reboot your computer and try again
- Flashing should automatically commence. Do not disconnect your phone until you see the Green circle with a check mark appears
- Once you see the Green circle with a check mark, it means that flashing is complete. This is the ONLY time you can disconnect your device from the computer.
Still following me? Good. Now you have successfully flashed a custom recovery to your Flash 2. We are not done yet. Remember, you also want to root your phone, yes?
Booting to Recovery
- At this point, your phone should still be turned off after disconnecting it from the computer. Now, press and hold the Power button and Volume Up all together.
- You should now see the Boot Menu. Press Volume Up to scroll to Recovery, and then press Volume Down to select it.
- From this custom recovery screen (TWRP), I recommend that you perform a full backup before moving any further.
Done doing your backup? Now let’s Root!
- While in the TWRP Recovery, select “Install”
- Look for BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip and select it
- Proceed to flash it and wait for it to complete
- No need to wipe your cache for now, just go ahead and Reboot your Phone.
Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your Flash 2! Don’t take my word for it, go ahead and check. There are various Root Checker Apps in the Play Store to verify your Root.
Donate or buy me some coffee. ^^
Special Thanks to Papajack Gemperle