@trevtam Before you proceed, please backup your important credentials or any important database you have stored in your phone.
1) Always backup your data or important accounts if you have currently stored in your phone.
2) If possible don't uninstall your apps first, disable them instead. If there's nothing important, clear data for the app first before you disable them.
3) It seems that one of those security apps, VPN or online shopping app is locking you out from using non secure unlock mode such as swipe or none as shown in your first post. It is designed in such manner so that your passwords cannot be easily stolen.Check if you have enabled fingerprint scanner app or even the Lazada app that I've noticed was included in the latest updates. My version 01001 does not have that pre-bundled fortunately.
4) Some system apps cannot be disabled nor they can be uninstalled. You need heightened root priviledge to accomplish them.
5) Lastly, try rebooting the phone after committing the changes to see if it returns back your non secure unlock features.